Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Nominee of the Liebster Award


I’m a receipient of the Liebster Award

 



It’s wonderful to have Tracy at  http://www.tracysewshappy.com/ nominated me for the Liebster Award.  I’d like to thank you for nominating me and taking time to visit my blog. This is so kind of you and I gladly accept it.

The rules vary but in accepting the nomination you agree to:

Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
Copy and paste the Leibster Award to your blog.

On your blog answer the 5 questions that have been set. 

Nominate 5 bloggers that you think deserve to get noticed for the award.

Let your nominees know they have been chosen by leaving a comment on their blogs.

Set 5 questions of your own for your nominees.

 Nominations

 The bloggers that I have chosen are ones that I enjoy following and I think others will enjoy their efforts as well.

 Listed below are my nominees:

 Regina Gee’s Place http://reginageesplace.blogspot.com/





 
My answers to Tracy’s questions:

1.  Do you have a current challenge you are hoping to master to improve your sewing? Yes, I have a current challenge that I am hoping to master to improve my sewing. At this moment I am using a smaller size pattern that needs to be enlarged substantially. The overlay needs to be lengthened and enlarged as well as drafting a sleeve.

 2.  What is your motivation for sewing? My motivation for sewing comes with the desire to improve techniques and meet my wardrobe needs.

 3.  What do you like to sew best? I enjoy sewing suits for church as it gives me opportunities to be creative and use different skills.

 4.  Do you have a favorite pattern company? Once I saw this question it brought to memory the fact that for some reason, I’ve always thought that Butterick makes the prettier patterns. Now, in this phase of life and sewing more often I don’t think I have a favorite.

 5.  How many blogs do you read regularly? Now that I receive the daily feed from Bloglovin, there are very few blogs that I do not read.  I do see them all, but I visit at least 15-20 daily.

 
I would like to ask my nominees these questions:

 1. Do you take notes while working on your sewing projects?

2. Which sewing technique would you love to master?

3. What is your favorite sewing machine?

4. What sewing tip would you share with someone who’s new to sewing?

5. Do you believe that it is important for each of us to teach at least one more person the craft?

 Sew on,

Dorothy

10 comments:

  1. Hi Dorothy I enjoyed reading your answers. I love my daily fix of sewing blogs through bloglovin. I liked your question about teaching others to craft I think it's so important to share our knowledge and past on our passion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracy, thank you for causing me to think about my interest in patterns. I agree that Bloglovin make its easier to see what's going on.

      Delete
  2. Thank you Dorothy for nominating me! I also enjoyed reading your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your award!

    nkykate2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many thanks for the nomination, Dorothy. =) I enjoyed reading your answers and really like your questions. I love this community!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's another award nomination for you!
    Check my blog for it www.nkykate2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments. I hope to respond to each message.