Monday, April 14, 2014

Finished April MAGAM Outfit


Pattern Description: Simplicity 2256 Jacket in two lengths with neckline and sleeve variations.  I made view A with the ruffled collar and double ruffled cuffs.

Pattern Sizing: 4-22

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes, it's a beautiful pattern.

Were the instructions easy to follow? The instructions were very easy to follow.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I love the ruffles more than anything. It really dresses up this jacket and makes it very suitable for special occasions.

Fabric Used: Aqua polyester purchased from Fabric Mart. It was advertised as a lining fabric. I just had to have it because it reminds me of peacock blue.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: None

Would you sew it again? Yes Would you recommend it to others? Yes

Conclusion: I decided to use this fabric as a wearable muslin because I thought it would be beautiful in this color to attend a wedding and it's somewhat similar to taffeta. I love this outfit, but can't wrap my head around the wrinkles. Pressing and movement removes the wrinkles temporarily. So Sad!

 
 
Pattern Description: Butterick 5459 dress is close-fitting, V-neckline with darts, above waistline seam, and back zipper closing.

Pattern Sizing: 8-24

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

Fabric Used: Aqua polyester purchased from Fabric Mart. It was advertised as a lining fabric. I just had to have it because it reminds me of peacock blue.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I added 5" to the length and moved the front v up to inches. Adjustments to be made; Possibly try the full bust adjustment and remove 1"(dart size)from the front bodice at the armhole.

Would you sew it again? Yes Would you recommend it to others? Yes

Conclusion: As much as I would love to wear this outfit, I will use some self-restraint and make another so as to be comfortable. Unlike wearing that white stretch gabardine dress which is going into "File 13" due to the puckered looking wrinkles.

 
 



27 comments:

  1. I love both outfits, Dorothy. You really sew fast. I can't believe you're done with your April outfits already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have a lot of time on my hand and don't want to be super lazy. That would be easy, but sewing keeps me going. They were very easy pieces.

      Delete
  2. STUNNING! It's so pretty on you. LOVE the color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are building such a wonderful wardrobe. Some great garments. Love the dress and jacket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks BeaJay! I'm going to make some casual outfits. I have a full wardrobe from my teaching days, so I concentrate on church attire.

      Delete
  4. Pretty outfit in beautiful bright color! Nice work on the jacket, I love the ruffles - it made the jacket more prettier. The dress looks very nice and comfortable :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I just wish I could be confident in wearing it.

      Delete
  5. You are looking wonderful in this outfit - it really suits you - as does your elegant hairstyle. The ruffles are lovely, I agree

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah Liz! This hair started graying in my late 30's. I love it.

      Delete
  6. So pretty, and that blue is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I can't wait to find another wrinkle-free piece in this color.

      Delete
  7. The color is beautiful on you! And the ruffle really frames your face and gorgeous hair!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely outfit! The color is beautiful on you and can't believe this was lining fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Regina! When Fabric Mart advertise their linings most can be used for tops, dresses, and home décor. The 100% polyester reminds me of 100% crepe de chine which can be used as lining fabric.

      Delete
  9. I love this outfit Dorothy and that is sooooo your colour :)x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did such a wonderful job Ms D with this piece. Love the color and it fits you so well. You look great and well done!

    http://www.thefashionstirfry.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bousola for your comments and visiting my blog.

      Delete
  11. So pretty. Love that vibrant color. Perfect for spring/summer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. and this outfit is lovely on you...that blue is perfectly suited for your whole essence

    ReplyDelete
  13. I see your trepidation in wearing it because of the puckers. Hopefully you can find a natural fiber in this color to make it again. Polyester can be a friend or foe. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'll make it in something that I'll feel more comfortable being seen wearing.

      Delete
  14. I agree that this colour is amazing on you! So beautiful. I hope you'll be able to find something similar that is more comfortable to wear.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments. I hope to respond to each message.