Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Dressed for the Wedding!

Pattern: Butterick 5982 MISSES'/MISSES' PETITE DRESS AND BELT: Dress has close-fitting, lined bodice, side front seams, pleated and gathered skirt, back zipper, and belt with bow, knot and Velcro® closing. A/B, C D cup sizes.
 Pattern Sizing: 8-24

This is a very quick and easy pattern.

Fabric: It has the look of satin, but I think it is a charmeuse satin. It has black striations and is solid black on the back. It is light to medium weight. It was purchased from Fabric Mart a couple of years ago.

As far as alterations, I used view A and added sleeves and added a ruffle to the front only. Instead of adding Velcro on the back of the belt, I added two large snaps at the ends of the bow.

I'll make this dress first in a maxi. I couldn't make to make one of the 1950's dresses and I'm glad I did.             B5982   

 Pattern: Butterick 5714 bolero view E
MISSES'JACKET AND BELT: Jacket has neckline variations. A: purchased frog closure. B: very loose-fitting, button/thread closing. A and B: partial sleeves. C: purchased ribbon for belt. D: purchased belt. C and D: loose-fitting, elasticized seamed waist. B, C and D: single layer (wrong side shows) and narrow hem. E: self belt. A and E: fitted, partially lined.
Line Art


Size: XS - XXL
 Fabric: A very thin lightly crinkled polyester purchased from Fabric Mart several years ago.
 This is a very easy oop pattern. I'd love to make each view.
Alterations include omitting the collar and buttons and adding the ruffle as to tie it in with the dress.
The sleeve looks a little wrinkled, but it might be the serging  as the sleeves were a perfect fit.
As far as the pretty background, I've never driven it due to my health. It belongs to my husband.

23 comments:

  1. Dorothy, You look great, Your dress is beautiful . and I love the little jacket..Perfect touch.. Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Nakisha! You know this is the third dress that I've made lately with the waistline.

      Delete
  3. look at you styling that dress! lol! the dress & the jacket turned out fantastic!

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helen, I really like the way the waistline just fell into place without any adjustments. Of course, it hide my grandma pooch!

      Delete
  4. Very beautiful, Dorothy. I love the whole outfit. And what a pretty car too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. My husband just added the wheels as this is the 50th anniversary of the Mustang.

      Delete
  5. Fabulous outfit and perfect for wedding!! Love those ruffles on the neckline :) Nice work, Dorothy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hana, what's funny is the wedding party wore gray. I didn't know or I wouldn't have worn it.

      Delete
  6. You couldn't help but have a wonderful time in your lovely outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roz I was feeling very comfortable. The belt wasn't a problem with my figure (?) and all.

      Delete
  7. Oh, that dress is so cute -- and the jacket style really matches perfectly. Beautiful outfit! And the backdrop is pretty nice too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, if this jacket pattern is in your stash, you might want to visit it. I've had it for a few years and haven't had an opportunity to use it. I probably wouldn't have chosen it if those gathers on that skirt weren't hiding my tummy.

      Delete
  8. What a pretty dress - these vintage styles are certainly all the rage at the moment. I love the jacket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! Yes, vintage is in and I really like it. Maybe, it's because I was born in the 50's and this is a great opportunity to explore the times.

      Delete
  9. These look great together. I would have thought they were from the same envelope! You definitely look like you were ready to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annette! I was trying to tie them together by adding the ruffle.

      Delete
  10. You look so pretty in the ensemble Dorothy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This whole outfit is fab! Love the fabric choice for your dress. It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments. I hope to respond to each message.