Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Little Sparkles

M6247 Pants and Skirt that are quick and easy. If I continue on this path, I'll make each piece on this pattern. These are from the same pattern.

Because my husband's birthday was coming up and a weekend away had been planned there was plenty time to make this outfit.
 
Fabric: Black/Charcoal/Silver Metallic Striped Twill Suiting from Fabric Mart. I just love the little sparkles!
 
Top: Butterick 5890 view C blouse

Adjustments were made  to the top which included placing front on fold to remove front seam, enlarge sleeve width 1/2 inch each side, added 2 inches to sleeve length, enlarged pattern one size, and add collar from Vogue 8886.

Line Drawing
Butterick 5890 Misses'/Misses' Petite Top and Tunic (loose-fitting through bust) has tuck variations, back zipper, and stitched hem on sleeves. I could see this top as a very comfortable dress.

Before leaving for the trip, we were notified of a friend's death so I decided to make a skirt from McCall's 6247. I did have to add five inches to the length.


As time rolls on, I would love to make each item on this pattern. I'm interested to see how that cardigan fits.


Since my hubby like this suiting fabric, I'm obligated to make him a shirt and dress pants with welts. That'll push me to another level.







         


















 

12 comments:

  1. What a lovely outfit Dorothy - I love that Butterick Pattern, it looks lovely made up - and a perfect fabric too, it has a slightly dramatic look - and you can wear that well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I saw a beautiful green top like this on Pinterest, but the person didn't list the name of the company where she purchased it. I do like the changes that I made to the pattern.

      Delete
  2. Isn't it nice to find a pattern that keeps on giving? Nice job on the tucked-top too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your top and pants combo is fabulous. And your hair style is beautiful - so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dorothy.. such a lovely outfit.
    Hope your hubby has a wonderful birthday.
    The front of your house, is so pretty..
    Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are very nice outfit! You did lovely work on them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your husband had a wonderful birthday. Very elegant collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He really did enjoy as he had scheduled a trip to a concert.

      Delete

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments. I hope to respond to each message.