Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Perfect Florida Palms

Simplicity 4149 Misses or Plus Size Skirt, Pants, Tunic Top and Scarf

This OOP pattern has been housed for a few years. I thought it would be perfect for this fabric which I purchased from Fabric Mart a few months ago. Since tunics are the trend I'm making several to enjoy during  my travels.

Although I had plans to make a pair of white pants, my friend and I were shopping and ran across these pants for a steal so we both purchased a pair.
 

 
This is a nice weight cotton and fun to sew.  I'm pleased with it, but knits are my favorites. It all about the fit.

 
 
 
Fabric: Red-Orange/Emerald Green/Multi Palm Trees Cotton Print 42W
I purchased 3 yards which was perfect for print placement. As far as alterations - shortened the sleeves and added side slits.

28 comments:

  1. Looks lovely, perfect for your travels. Print is perfect for summer. This is enother pattern that you have that I have too. I have yet to make it - But I am now tempted to look it out

    ReplyDelete
  2. That IS perfect for Florida! I'm with you, however, while I love cotton, knits are my favs! Your tunic came out perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic pattern placement on this lovely fabric, and nothing wrong with a great steal on the white pants. You look great as always. I'm with you on
    knits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! When I saw this fabric I couldn't resist the bold colors.

      Delete
  4. Very cute fabric . Your top is very nice & cheery & makes you smile !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that tunic...looks very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely top and fabric choice! Love the front and side slits :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely. Your print placement is spot on and the tunic fits you well. Nice vacation/summer outfit. Like Tracy H, I have that pattern too. Looking at what I've been missing and shaking my head. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty top and screams... summer life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have that pattern but didn't realize it was an OOP already lol! love the color you chose, looks great with the white pants!

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helen, I might be wrong about the OOP as I have several patterns without the ruffle on the sleeves. Thanks for the compliment.

      Delete
    2. Dot it may be OOP I've had it for a few years, let's investagate lol!

      Delete
    3. Helen, I don't know why I didn't check as it is right at my finger tip. It was copyrighted in 2006. You know how we get side-tracked by so many patterns, add them to our collection, and seems as if it takes forever to make them.

      Delete
  10. Great holiday top - smart and fun to wear and suits you as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful tunic... Great for a trip.. Have fun..
    I have this pattern.. I must find time to make it.. Yours is so much prettier , than the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really want to make the one with the ruffles, but it'll have to be some lightweight fabric for this season.

      Delete
  12. What a fun print! It looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks cool, comfy and vacation ready!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments. I hope to respond to each message.