Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Relaxed, Fun, and Comfortable!

Pattern: M6247 MISSES' JACKET, TOPS, SASH, SKIRT AND PANTS: Unlined jacket A has long sleeves, front button closure; pullover tops B, C have neckband; top B has long sleeves; top C has armhole bands; jacket A, tops B, C have self-fabric sash with O-rings; pull-on skirt D and pants E have elastic waist casing, all have stitched hems; included are Nancy Zieman's time saving tips


Sizes: 8-22
Fabric: The orange & yellow cotton was thrifted and the polyester stripe was purchased as a table cloth.

Line Drawing


Alterations: They are perfect for me around the tummy. Adjustments must be made to the inner and outer seams by removing 1" from the crouch line to hem. Then I folded 3" from the front waist hem and 1 1/2" for the back. I measure 29 1/2 inches from the inseam for my length.

All of the seams were sewn on the serger. The 1/4 inch hem length and the waist were sewn on the sewing machine. I need many more pairs for the Summer and I have a plan. You'll see them again.

Note: The pattern suggest knits only, but this pattern fits me so it'll be my way.
 

15 comments:

  1. Wow - you look great and casual in both outfits. Your smile says it all. Great fabric (and thrifty) choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! They're incredibly pulled together, and they really highlight how those wardrobe patterns should work! Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wore the orange and yellow today to the doctor and birthday dinner. Yes, I'm still celebrating as I'm accepting friends request to bless me. Anyway, back on track... I enjoyed the relax fit of the pant and that the elastic didn't ride down in the back.

      Delete
  3. This is all so pulled together--this shows how great a wardrobe pattern can work out! I wish I had this kind of matching ability. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You can do it too. Just choose the wardrobe pattern and a multi-print fabric of your liking. Then, choose solids to match the colors in the multi-print fabric or if you would like all solids go for it.

      Delete
  4. I love both sets.. They looks so pretty on you, and comfortable too.. You just make me want to buy this pattern.ha
    Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great outfits and love the colors on you, especially the red.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely set of great casual classics - these are the sorts of clothes that are so wearable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I decided I would make some different pants than my usual solids and I'm having fun going through my stash.

      Delete
  7. Both outfits are really lovely, but I have to say I really loved the striped pants. I read it a couple of times to be sure I was reading it correctly, but wow I wouldn't have thought to use a table cloth! I need to start thinking a little more "outside the box" when looking for fabric inspiration. I think your title says it all. This is exactly what I look for in clothing. It doesn't always have to be jeans and a t-shirt to be comfortable. You did a great job of combining style and comfort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! When I see shower curtains, table cloths, dinner mats,or anything made of fabric on sale I do tend to look at the fabric content to see if it's something I can use for a sewing project.

      Delete

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments. I hope to respond to each message.