Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Mint Medallion Dress

McCall's 6398 is such a fun pattern and I really like the fit. This is a Mint/Taupe Gray/Multi Medallion ITY knit from Fabric Mart. This is the same as the top here.


This time I lengthened it fifteen inches making it a midi dress. I didn't square the bottom, but made it pointed on each side.

 
Another midi length would be welcomed into my wardrobe.
 

 
This is so funny that  Melanie mentioned me turning around in this dress that I decided to go back and post it. For my condition, it was a very light turn, but enough to see the swing of the dress.
 

15 comments:

  1. SO pretty Dorothy.. I love the midi length.. And it looks so comfortable and easy to wear. Know you will enjoy this one.. Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy! I did enjoy wearing it so much that I'd love another.

      Delete
  2. Lovely flattering dress on you - and I love the hemline - it makes the dress a little more edgy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, I think I like this length a little better than the maxi.

      Delete
  3. That dress it too cute. I'm am drooling over the print. I can see you swinging around in your dress having a marvelous time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Because of you, I went back and added the twirl.

      Delete
  4. I like that. Looks light and airy. Perfect for the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This dress is so pretty on you, love this style on you! You made me race to my sewing room, to see if I had this pattern,lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a beautiful dress on you! I love the print as well as the style changes you made.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You deserve to twirl all day long, that dress is wonderful!

    15 inches seams to be a magic lengthen amount for both of us...except when I do it (at only five feet tall), I get a maxi dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know what you mean about length as I'm considered short by some, but always purchased average length pants.

      Delete
  8. what fun fabric! I've noticed your hair is growing too! looking good Dot!

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen! Yes, my hair is a little different since I no longer have a relaxer. It is natural (without chemicals).

      Delete

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments. I hope to respond to each message.