Tuesday, April 21, 2015

A Little Shimmer!!

Pattern: M6247 MISSES' JACKET, TOPS, SASH, SKIRT AND PANTS: Unlined jacket A has long sleeves, front button closure; pullover tops B, C have neckband; top B has long sleeves; top C has armhole bands; jacket A, tops B, C have self-fabric sash with O-rings; pull-on skirt D and pants E have elastic waist casing, all have stitched hems; included are Nancy Zieman's time saving tips
Pattern: Tunic McCall's 6398


Fabric: Charcoal/Bronze knit from Fabric Mart
Alterations: Pants removed 1" from each side of leg from knee to hem.
 

                             Tunic McCall's 6398                                            Pants McCall's 6247
M6398, Misses'/Women's Tunics M6247, Misses' Jacket, Tops, Sash, Skirt And Pants
 
This is such a fun top that I'm making several. This is the first one.Some are just for casual wear. This one is for a date with the Mr.
As you visit my blog, you'll notice repeats of this top and pants with different variations. Colorful pants using this pattern. Since I've made a couple of tops with this length, I've decided to hem the next tops about 2".







 

14 comments:

  1. Go Mrs. Dot-Dot!! Looking great (and youthful)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your top--it's sparkly and glamorous! I like that the stripes are vertical, also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just PERFECT!!!
    I love this tunic top.. I went to Hancocks today the mccalls patterns were on sale.. I had this one on my list..but, it was gone.. I was so disappointed.ha
    Cant wait to see the next one you make. Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Judy! I'm sorry the pattern wasn't in. Hopefully, you'll get it soon. I'll advise you to check the length before cutting. I do plan to make one shorter and I'd like to make it dress length.

      Delete
  4. You look great Dot! Boy, do I love the hair?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My natural hair is a lot of fun as I can wear it various ways.

      Delete
  5. What great casuals - it looks like you are building yourself a new wardrobe :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! Yes, I thought I'd make a few changes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the shimmer and I like the shape of your top. How sassy is this! And I like your hair too. Looks like you have having a great time with this look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glamorous and wearable! This is a great look:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments. I hope to respond to each message.