Tuesday, February 5, 2013

The Look of Lace

 
 
McCall's 5555Pattern Description: Semi-fitted, above mid-knee dress has neck band, back zipper, and sleeve variations. Dress A has contrast hem band, dress D has topstitched neck band, side pockets, cuff, and belt.

Pattern Sizing: 18W-24W

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes, with the exception of the sleeves being longer.

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I like everything about the dress. The back fits as if I did the 1" adjustment from the neck to waist. Also, the back drapes as if it has darts. I dislike the fact that the pattern requires a zipper when I am able to slip the dress over my head. Of the three times I've tried the dress on, not once did I use the zipper.

Fabric Used: Polyester Charmeuse from Joann's red tag table. Bronze beading was added around the neckband.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: Thanks to reading a review from Sheila, I now always read the "Finished Garment Measurements" before deciding on the size. That being said, I cut this pattern two sizes smaller. I added three inches to the length. I like the way the sleeves feel, but looking at the picture, I'm debating cutting about three inches off the sleeves.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I'll definitely use this pattern again. I highly recommend this pattern because of the different variations.

Conclusion: I made view B. Without the bottom part of the sleeves the dress has an elegant look. It would make a nice simple top or dress. Since the picture was taken, the sleeves were rehemed to end at the elbow.

Matching Hat Vogue 8405 

 
Bronze beading was added to the brim.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments. I hope to respond to each message.