Thursday, February 7, 2013

"Stash Smashing Sew-A-Long"

Sew Much Talent has a great "Stash Smashing Sew-A-Long" going on to help some who are buried in fabric tunnel their way to the light of day. It will help me rid myself of some of my online purchases. http://csrapdu.ning.com/


All of these items were made using Simplicity 2190 with lighweight knits purchased from Fabric Mart. It is good to have all of this fabric sewn with the exception of one more print. These will be cool for our future weather. View C was used to make the tops. Therefore, I had to add four additional inches to each of them since I'm not as youthful and have some age related assets. Matching headbands were made for most of them.
Before leaving for my trip, I completed one more maxi dresses from the same pattern and cut the last piece of that trendy knit. I am glad to complete these fabrics because I ended up purchasing these while getting started with Fabric Mart and wanting to know what they were like. These fabrics need to be pressed and would not have been my choice before retiring. Since I leave the house sparingly, I have time to prepare to dress so they'll be ok, but this is the end of the road for this fabric.
                                                                              Trendy knit top with pants made last year of jean spandex fabric using Butterick 5535.
This is an accordian fabric from JoAnn Fabrics.
                                                                         
                                                                         
 
 
 
Maxi is made of polyester/lycra knit watercolor floral look shaded grape fabric. Yes, I love the fit of this pattern. One more in a trendy knit to go.
Preparing fabric by matching horizontal prints.

My last maxi using the last of my trendy knits fabrics. A short sleeve orange polyester jacket has been cut and is in the holding-basket ready to sewn. The idea behind making the jacket is to wear it with this dress to tone down the amount of exposed print.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments. I hope to respond to each message.