Wednesday, February 27, 2013

My New Find!

It was exciting to see this pattern for fifty cents. This pattern was printed in 1991. I have made the pattern adjustments and removed the gathers from the sleeve caps. Yes, I cut it for my daughter to match her navy pants. It is in the holding-basket until I finish my white brocade suit. I can't wait to make one for myself.


This is a nice pattern and I like the results of the smooth sleeve caps. Last night I was
scrolling through http://perfectsuits.tumblr.com and there were several jackets with the original ruffled/gathered sleeve caps.

5 comments:

  1. Hello Dorothy - the jacket is very lovely without the big sleeves - quite up to date, so I am sure your daughter will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, very well done losing the big gathered sleeves. It looks gorgeous and your daughter will look very smart in it with her navy pants!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments. I hope to respond to each message.