Friday, July 25, 2014

Sparkles and Ruffles

Pattern: Butterick 5917 Misses' dress with ruffles, semi-fitted, lined bodice and inset, raised waist and back zipper.

 Sizes: 6 - 22Line Art
 Fabric: Brown imported sparkle crepe from Trim Fabrics and crème polyester lining
Adjustments: Added 2 inches to raise the front panel, but could use another 3 inches. Five inches was added to the dress length and I increased the size. Long sleeves were added to view A as well as fully lining the outfit due to the fact that the fabric being very lightweight.

 Several bloggers made this dress and they were so lovely that I had to purchase the pattern. I'm so glad I did. It's and easy pattern and so lovely to wear.

Pattern: McCall's 3136 purses. This is view E
Fabric: Imported sparkle crepe and polyester lining. Large snaps were used as a fastener and embellished with a flower.

My instructions: 1. Sew lining to fabric, flip the purse inside lining, and place in the purse for fitting. 2. Measure fro placement of snaps. 3. Sew snaps in place. 4. Sew larger lining piece in place. 5. Sew lining corners to front as far as possible. 6. Topstitch whole purse 1/4 inch.

Earrings: I used the plastic lid from Publix's potato salad, sprayed with Elmer's Craft Bond spray adhesive, fabric on both sides, trimmed, hole punched, and finished with jewelry chains and clips.
 
Bows: Fabric with earring clips attached to the back.

 
 
 

23 comments:

  1. Dorothy, this dress is gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like, your outfit was still great! health to your hands. Wear happy days! Greetings from Turkiye

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fabulous. I'm very impressed that not only did you make a lovely dress - I love the ruffles by the way - but you also made the stylish accessories. Well done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracy, it was fun! I guess it's part of the slow down process.

      Delete
  4. Dorothy you are really a mass producer when it comes to sewing. Gorgeous dress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful outfit. You look lovely in that dress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such an inspiration! I really love how you dress yourself. Very classy indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this dress on you. It fits you well and the ruffles really add style to the neckline.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look fantastic in this dress! I love this pattern and I think you may find you will make another version also. I have made two but I have plans for three. Your purse and shoes look perfect with this dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yours was one of the first that I viewed and I just loved it. I'd like the flare version as well.

      Delete
  9. Finally you have made this beautiful dress - welcome to the club:). It is lovely, isn't it - and yours looks great, complete with all your accessories. I hope you enjoy wearing it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you! Your dress was another one that made me just have to purchase this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This dress is beautiful and the matching accessories!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great fabric choice for this pattern -- it really looks wonderful on you. Inspiring me to get this pattern out! Love all your accessories too -- so well done -- so beautifully put together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait for you to make and enjoy this lovely pattern.

      Delete

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments. I hope to respond to each message.