Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Yes, Another Blazer!

Pattern: Simplicity 4302 Khaliah Ali Collection Women's/Women's Petite Jacket with front variations.

                                                          
                                                                 Sizes: 18W - 32W


Alterations: Sway back decrease of 1" & decreased sleeve cap 1 1/2 inches to remove gathers
 
 
 This is the same pattern used here , here ,here, and here,
Fabric: Polyester Poplin can be purchased here
Lining: Polyester purchased from Fabric Mart a couple of years ago
 
I started purchasing this fabric from Vogue Fabrics once I realized it was the same fabric as the pants I wore daily as a teacher and a several of my husbands church suits.
I like it because it is durable, doesn't wrinkle, plain weave, comes in vibrant colors, inexpensive, and it's washable. 
 
Although, I really needed another black blazer, my friend had been talking about purchasing one so I surprised her and gifted it to her.
Another one for me will come sometime this year. I probably will not bore you by posting it unless I use a different pattern.
 
 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 
 
 

15 comments:

  1. Good looking blazer. I love blazers and wear them often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I love it! It's so classic and love that lining!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! One thing about classic/traditional is this never goes out of style. There may be many new trends, but some things pass the test of time.

      Delete
  3. It looks great - love the fabric you've used for the lining. I haven't been brave enough to tackle a blazer yet, it's something I aspire to do this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robyn, this is the one blazer for you to try. It is put together in a different manner than most.

      Delete
  4. It is a lovely blazer - very nice shape. Your friend will be thrilled :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty blazer! I love the lining too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I wish I had enough of the lining for another one.

      Delete
  6. Hey if it works use it. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think this is the one, especially after all of the adjustments.

      Delete
  7. love the blazer especially the linining, that's one comfort box I've got to step out of thinking linings should be solid lol!, you inspire me so Dot! love it!

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! There are exceptions to the rule with this kind of lining. The orange outfit that 's made by this pattern was polyester knit and it's too thin for a printed lining. So, always do the test ensuring the lining doesn't show through the fabric.

      Delete
  8. How sweet of you to make it for your friend. Love the pretty lining.. and when you make you another one, please share it with us.. Love seeing what you make. Not bored at all.. Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like everyone else, I was about to say how great this lining is. Love this classic style - your friend is very lucky!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments. I hope to respond to each message.