Butterick 5825 is a dress pattern that can take one on a serious journey with different style combinations. I consider this to be a coat dress style.
The fabric is a green floral satin and black crepe from Fabric Mart. First of all, this dress called for a stretch fabric, but I just couldn't resist this idea.
Therefore, alterations had to be made and because I didn't make a muslin. Based on the finished measurements, it should have fit, but it was too tight in the bust. I made a mistake and cut two front facings and that worked to my advantage, because I was able to sew the additional facing to the left panel and incorporate a princess seam. I covered one inch buttons and made buttonholes so I could slip into the dress.
For the sleeves, I split the pattern up to the top of the sleeve cap without cutting through the top and added seam allowances.
I made it work by using fusible interfacing, covered buttons, and double fold bias tape. The length was extended by six inches. Bias tape was added from the left front and extended to the front hem.
I definitely will make this again as I have a lot of ideas for this pattern.