Monday, September 30, 2013

Paint Splash Jacket



Pattern Description: Simplicity 1699 is a lined jacket with front darts and pleats in the top of the
sleeves.



Pattern Sizing: 8-24

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I dislike the pleats on the shoulders.

Fabric Used: Cotton/Lycra

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: The fronts are lined with the same fabric, so as to have the same look when opened. After wearing it, the pleats were removed as I should have done before completing the jacket. What made me think I would like them? I already knew I didn't.

Would you sew it again? Yes Would you recommend it to others? Yes

Conclusion: The jacket is a quick jacket for the changing weather.

8 comments:

  1. So glad you reviewed this pattern. I've got it in my stash, and your post is inspiring. Hopefully I'll get it made up soon! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super fun looking jacket! Just love your fabric choice, but like you I am not a fan of the shoulder pleats ... J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a fun jacket. I wore it with a red top/periwinkle pants and have a yellow top to wear with red pants.

      Delete
  3. It is a pretty jacket - I love the fabric you used. Isn't it funny how we sew things sometimes we know we are not going to like - until we learn our lesson again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It probably took me half the time as to make the top, to ripe it out and redo it. Maybe, lesson learned????

      Delete
  4. Love your jacket Dorothy.. Perfect fabric too.
    When you took the pleats out, did you just gather it? I have this pattern, and now that I have seen your beautiful jacket, am thinking about making it, but I don't like pleats either..
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I went back and gathered it. I will remove the pleating from the pattern before cutting it again.

      Delete

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments. I hope to respond to each message.